Qualified Signal Person
- General requirements, duties and responsibilities of a signal person.
- Mobile, overhead and tower crane functions.
- Hand and voice communications.
- Crane limitations created by radius, boom angle, load drift, two blocking, boom deflection, dynamic loading, side loading, capacity limitations and quadrants of operation.
- Hazards and requirements of working around energized power lines.
- Regulations and Signal Person responsibilities regarding the use of suspended personnel platforms.
- Practical and written test or assessment
Signalperson is required, according to OSHA regulations, in the following situations:
- The operator does not have a full view of the point of operation
- The operator’s view is obstructed in the direction that the equipment is moving
- The operator or the person handling the load feels that a signalperson is needed
- Anytime there are site-specific safety concerns
Upon completion of course participant will receive a “Qualified Signalperson” card.