This class will cover the use of forklifts and powered industrial trucks. Topics covered shall include forklift safety, the differences between motor vehicles and forklifts, limitations of use and overall safety requirements when operating forklifts. Topics to include:
- Training requirements
- Differences between a vehicle and a forklift
- Elements of a forklift
- Maintenance and inspections
- Limitations and lift characteristics
- How to operate and vehicle stability
- Jobsite operations
- How to handle different loads
- Operating on slope or hills
- Operating in hazardous locations
- Refresher training requirements
Students successfully completing the course shall receive a certificate showing training that meets the requirement of WAC 296-863 (forklifts).
Each of the above courses shall require a knowledge test with a passing grade to receive the certification.