This course meet the new OSHA standard for signal person requirements. Course participants will have an understanding of the fundamentals of proper signaling and the ability to identify potential safety problems. Upon completion of course participant will receive a “Qualified Signalperson” certificate. Course content includes:
- General requirements, duties and responsibilities of a signal person.
- Mobile, overhead and tower crane functions.
- Hand and voice communications.
- Crane limitations created by radius, boom angle, load drift, two blocking, boom deflection, dynamic loading, side loading, capacity limitations and quadrants of operation.
- Hazards and requirements of working around energized power lines.
- Regulations and Signal Person responsibilities regarding the use of suspended personnel platforms